«Back «Home
The Origin
The  Great as the College is fondly known today, started out as a technical institute which succeeded the College of Education Agbor Higher College in October, 1947 and stands to be the Premier Higher Institution in the country. The College was first called "XYZ" through Decree 23 in 1969 and again, Decree 33 of 1979 re-named it "Federal Polytechnic Yaba". However, as a result of persistent pressure mounted on Government, in 1980, Government agreed to spare the original name of the College and it reverted to its old name of "XYZ".